How To Make An Egg Sandwich: Are you looking for an easy egg sandwich recipe that you’ll enjoy? Try this healthy egg sandwich recipe! This is the perfect breakfast recipe for those who can’t decide what to make for breakfast all the time.
In case you are wondering how to make a boiled egg sandwich at home, this recipe will remove all your doubts. This filling and healthy egg sandwich recipe is perfect for those days when you do not want to prepare an elaborate meal.
It’s not just you, but even the kids will love the egg sandwich since it has sauces and flavours to satisfy you and the kids. The best part is that you can adjust this sandwich to fit your taste and enjoy it any time of the day.
You only need to boil the eggs for a little while and mix in condiments to assemble your egg sandwich in under 10 minutes. Just mix the eggs into the condiments after you boil them.
The version of this sandwich recipe that you make would be more delicious if you added vegetables of your choice. However, onions, capsicums, and tomatoes would make it top-notch. This recipe is a healthy way to ensure that your children have a balanced breakfast every day.
Regardless of a person’s age, eggs are a healthy food that is good for everyone. To make sure that these sandwiches contain more nutrients, use brown or multigrain bread instead of standard white bread.
With these simple steps, you can prepare these sandwiches at home on the weekend. Pair this recipe with a cup of tea, cup of coffee, or just a glass of juice for breakfast.
How To Make An Egg Sandwich – 3 Different Ways
1. Making A Egg Sandwich from Hard-boiled Egg
- Mayonnaise 2 tsp (10 mL)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Dijon mustard 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)
- Salt 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if desired); stir well.
- Place bread in pairs (one on each side of the work surface).
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg salad filling over each slice.
- It is ideal to top the second slice of bread with lettuce and cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters.
- Combine honey-Dijon mustard and 3/4 cup (180 mL) chopped dill pickles in a bowl.
- Place one half slice of ham on each slice of rye or pumpernickel bread.
- Then, spread the egg salad on top of the ham and top it with another slice of bread. You can serve instantly or cover and refrigerate.
- Add 2 tablespoons (25 mL) chopped fresh basil to Basic Egg Salad (add 1/2 tablespoon/2 mL dried basil) and another 1 tablespoon (45 mL) chopped dried tomatoes.
- Combine the egg salad and alfalfa sprouts, and assemble on four crusty rolls or in four pita bread slices.
- Serve right away or store in the refrigerator.
- Add 1/8 tsp of Tex-Mex seasoning (0.5 mL) to Basic Egg Salad before spreading on four medium (15 cm) whole wheat tortillas.
- Serve immediately with salsa as a dip or refrigerate for later.
- If you’re saving it for later, wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro or parsley over the top and roll up.
- Consider using another favorite bread type instead of whole wheat.
- Put butter or margarine or Dijonnaise on your bread instead of mayonnaise.
- Use a pastry blender or a potato masher to mash eggs when making egg salad for a large group.
- You want hard boiled eggs right now? Then crack your eggs in a poacher and poach until they are firm. Then quickly immerse in cold water to cool down.
2. Making Egg Sandwich From Fried Egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 slice bacon, halved
- 1 egg
- Place a slice of cheese between each piece of bread, at an angle so that the edges hangover.
- Spread ketchup and chipotle together and spread that among the pieces of bread.
- One slice of bread needs to be buttered on the outside with half a tablespoon of butter.
- Place the sandwich on a skillet while the skillet is over medium heat.
- Toast until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- After the other side (facing up) has been buttered with remaining butter, flip the sandwich and cook until golden brown and the cheese is gooey, 15 to 20 seconds overall.
- Cook the bacon until barely crisp, about 5 minutes, and remove the sandwiches from the heat.
- Flip the bacon over and engage the two pieces to form a square.
- Then, crack the egg on top, cooking it thoroughly into the bacon.
- Cook the egg until it is set, about 5 minutes.
- Open the sandwich (a spoon will help) and slide the eggs and bacon in.
- Close the sandwich and slice it up to enjoy.
3. Making Egg Sandwich From Scrambled Egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- While the peppers and onion are sautéing, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of butter together in a large bowl.
- Cook eggs in skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until completely set.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Cheese slices are arranged on the bottom half of the bread, then eggs are topped with eggs, and the top half of the bread is replaced.
- Slice and serve immediately.
1 serving each: 526 calories.
It also contains
- 35g fat (14g saturated fat)
- 400mg cholesterol
- 710mg sodium
- 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber)
- 26g protein.
We hope you will like our 3 different yummy recipes about How To Make An Egg Sandwich. if you want to know anything more about these recipes feel free to ask us in the comment section. Don’t forget to share the article with your friends and family.