How To Make Blackened Chicken: Easy Blackened Chicken in a skillet is a delicious, flavorful, and quick recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare. If you like your chicken juicy and tender, this recipe is for you.
Having as many good chicken recipes as I can is never enough for me. The chicken is easy to prepare, cheap to buy, and versatile. This recipe makes juicy, flavorful chicken meat in less than 20 minutes.
With buttered angel hair pasta and a garden salad, it makes a great simple, quick, and easy meal.
This chicken recipe is great for busy families because of its simplicity and short cooking time.
A black crust is formed on the surface of meat that is not well-cooked or charred. It is created by coating the meat with oil, usually butter, and spices, and then searing quickly in a hot skillet. The rest of the baking is simple and does not take a great deal of time. Sealing in the flavors of this easy, delicious dish!
What is blackened chicken?
Cajun roast meat is a dish made with butter and Cajun spices that are brushed on the meat and then seared in a skillet. As their combination burns, the spices turn black and the meat turns brown.
Blackened chicken is prepared with breast fillets that are seasoned with various blackening spices and herbs, seared in a hot pan, and then baked in the oven after they have been seared. It can be served as an entree or combined with salads and wraps. It can be paired with just about anything and is quite versatile.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- A Blackening seasoning
- Non-stick spray
How to make blackened chicken?
- Put the chicken on a plate and rub it with oil on both sides of the chicken breasts. Once the chicken has been fileted or pound flat, it will cook more evenly.
- You can use as much homemade blackened seasoning as you like on the chicken. Just remember that more seasoning means more heat. If you like less heat, use less seasoning. Also, be sure to cover both chicken sides with homemade blackened seasoning.
- The last step is to prepare your grill or heat a cast-iron skillet to a high temperature. Place the chicken in the skillet and brown it on both sides for a few minutes in the remaining vegetable oil.
- As for your chicken, it will depend on its size, but it will take about five minutes per side. Be careful not to move the chicken during the cooking time because the outside will get a gorgeous blackened crust. Flip the chicken and cook both sides.
- It is that easy, and so quick! Serve up your chicken when it reaches 165 degrees F. It is that simple and fast, and you can enjoy it!
- You can blacken chicken or fish in a cast-iron skillet by simply dipping the meat into the seasoning and cooking it. Being this easy to make a restaurant-quality meal is very satisfying.
How do you make Blackened Seasoning?
Simply combine the spices in a small bowl or a seal-able sandwich bag if you have them in your pantry.
It is also possible to use a cap-able bottle if you prefer. This recipe yields enough for one serving, but you can easily double, triple, or quadruple the recipe for future use. Simply store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (this is the hot one so you can tame it back if need be)
Recipe notes and helpful tips for Blackened Chicken
- To mix your spices, put them in a Ziploc sandwich bag. Shake the bag to combine them, and then throw the bag away when you’re done. No more extra bowls and spoons to clean.
- Chicken breasts are generally huge nowadays, so slicing them in half in length will still mean you’re getting a healthy portion, plus they cook more evenly.
- Cook the chicken until it is golden brown in a frying pan and then add the spices and juices into the chicken once the oil is hot. Within a few minutes, the chicken should be done. Wait 30 minutes before serving the chicken.
- After cooking, tent the chicken with aluminium foil and allow it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Can you make blackened chicken ahead of time?
The chicken can be stored in the fridge for 3 days, sliced and served with salad for a quick and tasty lunch. If you want to serve it as a main dish right away, the meat will be moist and succulent.
2. How to prevent the chicken from drying out?
In contrast to thighs and other fatty parts of the chicken, breast meat has no fat in it, which makes it dry out faster. The key is not to overcook the white meat, otherwise, you may lose the moisture.
3. What to serve with blackened chicken?
In the summer, since it’s perfect for barbecue parties, both sides can be served refreshingly, such as a creamy cucumber salad, as well as leftovers. This dish can be served with vegetables, fruits, or even pasta dishes.
4. Is blackened chicken healthy?
We used boneless skinless chicken breast, which contains little fat, and provides about 224 calories per serving. The recipe is high in protein and low in carbohydrates, making it perfect for keto dieters.