How To Make Whipped Hot Cocoa Recipe: Having whipped hot chocolate is a great way to have fun! With just three ingredients, this whipped hot chocolate can be made in just minutes.
My kids always give me the sad face as I make whipped coffee and keto dalgone coffee. Then they tell me that they want one as well since I make all these fun drinks for myself only.
“It’s time for hot chocolate with whipped cream!” is all I need to say to see a smile on their faces.
Hot chocolate whipped into a fluffy froth is easy to make and tastes great. This recipe is perfect for kids and hot chocolate lovers alike.
What Is Whipped Hot Cocoa?
Whipped hot chocolate contains the same ingredients as traditional hot chocolate but with a twist! Whipped cream is typically added to hot chocolate recipes as a topping. Chocolate milk is generally the base. To make hot cocoa, simply top it with chocolate whipped cream and vanilla milk! If it is chilly outside, or if christmas is approaching, this is the perfect drink.
Hot Chocolate Or Cold Chocolate?
It is another great thing that you can make an iced or hot beverage from this recipe. All you need to do is adjust the temperature of the milk!
Hot cocoa is traditionally made with warmed milk. Cold milk combined with ice or without it makes a cold chocolate drink.
Whipped chocolate is best served hot, but we also like it cold. It is easy to make it into an iced chocolate drink as well. Even though this drink is top-notch in its original form, you can still change things up.
This chocolate drink can even become more extravagant and fun if you add extra toppings like chocolate candy chunks, homemade whipped cream, frosting, or marshmallows!
Instant hot chocolate mix: this ingredient is the star of this recipe. You can choose any mix you like. It was also a hit with our taste testers.
Granulated Sugar: Even though the hot chocolate mix has some sugar in it, just a little bit more sugar makes it just right.
Heavy whipping cream: This is mixed into the hot cocoa mix to make the chocolate. To whip, ensure the mix is cold before adding it.
Milk: You can use any milk like cow milk, even plant-based milk in case you are vegan. We will put this in the cup first, then top it with the whipped chocolate.
Variations In The Ingredient List
- Unsweetened cocoa is known to be a great alternative for hot chocolate mix. This dark chocolate flavor is more like bittersweet chocolate, so if you like a deep, rich chocolate flavor, you’ll enjoy this.
- The proportion of cocoa to the hot chocolate mix should be the same as the recipe calls for. For a bittersweet chocolate flavor, you can add the same amount of sugar or double it for a sweeter flavor.
- Add some extracts to the recipe. Mint extract can be used to create a mint chocolate flavor. If you want to make a mocha, use coffee extract (or strong coffees). You can combine chocolate with any flavor you enjoy, like orange or almond.
- Adding liqueur will improve the flavor. You can transform the drink into a cocktail by adding liqueur, cinnamon-flavored liquor, creme de menthe, or another favorite liqueur to the milk.
How To Make Whipped Hot Cocoa: Step-by-step Explanation
Firstly, add the ingredients in a bowl until completely mixed including the cocoa mix, sugar (if using), and whipping cream.
Whip the mixture until it forms soft peaks, using a hand mixer, milk frother, or whisk.
It is also possible to beat the chocolate cream until it becomes whipped.
Heat up a mug of milk. Pour ice and cold milk into quiche if you wish to make it iced.
Then, spout on the whipped chocolate and serve.
The heavy whipping cream should be cold. The cocoa mix should be added as soon as it’s been taken out of the refrigerator.
1. Do you stir the whipped chocolate into the milk before drinking it?
The answer is yes! That’s what you do. All you need to do is mix them and have fun.
2. Can I use prepared whipped cream?
No, this recipe is not suitable for prepared whipped cream. You can whip up the cream in a matter of minutes. Getting a taste of it will convince you that it’s worth the effort.
3. How to test if the whipped cream is ready?
Test the whipped cream with a spoon as soon as you see it fluffing up. As soon as the spoon slides through the cream, there is a small indentation in it.
4. What is the best way to whip the chocolate?
It can be whipped in just a few minutes with a handheld mixer. It is our most recommended method.
A handheld milk frother can also be used, but it’s intended for frothing milk only, so it may not be sturdy enough to mix in other ingredients.
The standing mixer will not be able to handle enough liquid and will be slower and less powerful. There may not be any contact between the blade and the liquid.
The hand whisking method is effective as long as you are willing to exert some arm power.
Whipping cream can even be made in a jar. The ingredients should all be mixed before using this method.